This pizza made using English muffins is simple and tasty. Make individual pizzas using a muffin instead of a crust.
Tired of dealing with dough on pizza night? This recipe for Pizza on English Muffins is a great time saver. From our award-winning pizza dough to our legendary Margherita pizza, we are dedicated to the art of pizza making. English muffins are our saviour when we have a sudden craving for pizza. Using this short cut, you may have a delicious individual pizza in the palm of your hand. As soon as we loaded them up with toppings, we couldn’t put them down. They work as well as a late-night meal for adults or a kid’s supper.
English muffin pizza toppings
The crust of an English muffin pizza is prepared in the same manner as the crust of a bagel, tortilla, pita, French bread, or naan pizza is prepared. A warm, toasted muffin makes a fine crust substitute. One of our favourite non-standard pizza preparations is the English muffin pizza. They may be reheated after being refrigerated or frozen and still taste great. We don’t think they are quite substantial enough for an adult supper, but they’ll do in a pinch if you round out the meal with some meaty sides. Good for kids and snack time! What you’ll need is listed below.
Regular or full grain English muffins? (we used whole grain)
- English muffins: Our Homemade Pizza Sauce is the perfect complement to these pizzas, and it only takes 5 minutes to whip up in a blender.
- Pizza sauce: Chopped tomatoes with a sprinkle of shredded mozzarella
- Parmesan cheese that’s been grated
- Oil from olives and salt
- Your choice of toppings (see below)
Pizza with homemade sauce is delicious.
You can cook a fantastic pizza on an English muffin in only 5 minutes with our Homemade Pizza Sauce. Trust us, you won’t regret getting your blender filthy for this. There are just a few things you need to make something that tastes exquisite (garlicky, sweet, and somewhat smokey). It’s also possible to do this as the oven warms up.
- You can whip up this pizza sauce in a blender in about 5 minutes. You’ll need fire-roasted tomato sauce, garlic, oregano, salt, olive oil, and canned tomatoes. When combined, the taste is out of this world. Please visit Best Pizza Sauce.
- Caramelized onions and tomatoes cooked over an open flame are essential. Fire-roasted tomatoes have a sweet and smokey taste because they are roasted over an open flame before being canned. You can find them in the canned tomato department of most supermarkets.
Pizza ingredients on an English muffin
If you want to be creative with your English muffin pizza, the options are endless. Don’t put too much on their plate. Due to the limited space, just a tiny quantity is required. Take a look at our resources and some potential extensions of them:
- Make smoked cherry tomatoes with basil by slicing tomatoes thinly and seasoning them with salt, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Like pepperoni, it has a smokey flavour that lingers on the tongue. Crumble some fresh basil on top.
- Vegetarian: Sprinkle over some minced green and red peppers and onion for flavour.
- Mini pepperoni are recommended for this recipe. They are a little on the bulky side for an English muffin.
- Artichoke hearts in a jar: finely minced
- Peppers in a jar, roasted
- A dish with prosciutto
- Sautéed mushrooms
- Feta, goat cheese, smoked mozzarella, or smoked gouda
Conveniently storing leftovers
As opposed to our other nontraditional pizza options, English muffin pizzas keep their shape and flavour quite well after being made in advance. Particularly pizza bagels grow mushy shortly after baking. While traditional pizza crusts spoil quickly, English muffin pizzas may be made ahead of time, stored in the fridge, and reheated as needed. To melt the cheese, just return to an oven preheated to 350 degrees, or place under the broiler.
Eat as is or pair with hearty fixings.
As for us, English muffin pizzas are more of a light meal option than a main one. However, they are perfect for a meal for young children. If you serve them with some substantial sides, like a huge salad or some veggie sides, they may also pass as an easy midweek supper for adults. What about these?
- Include a simple radish salad, kale Caesar salad, or watercress salad with apple and Parmesan.
- You may also try sautéed broccoli or broccolini.
- Try these quick and simple beet or white bean salads with goat cheese.
What toppings would you put on these English muffin pizzas? Or are you keeping them in the freezer for the next time you have a late-night pizza craving? Leave a comment below and tell us what you think.
This pizza with English muffins is…
- Bread: 4 English Muffins
- Vinegar of olives
- Sprinkling garlic powder
- One-Half Cup of Homemade Pizza Sauce
- A cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan or Pecorino cheese, grated, for serving as a garnish
- Tomatoes, cherry
- For sprinkling: smoked paprika
- Basil that has just been picked, cut, or discarded
- In addition to the cheese and sauce, you may add toppings like pepperoni, peppers, onions, sausage, mushrooms, olives, etc.
- Turn the oven temperature up to 400 degrees F.
- Spread some olive oil on the cut side of the English muffins and arrange them on a baking pan. Sprinkle some garlic powder and kosher salt on each. Put the sliced side up in the oven for 6 to 7 minutes, or until it is golden and crisp.
- Cherry tomatoes should be sliced very thinly and seasoned with a bit of salt, garlic powder, and smoky paprika while the English muffins bake. Chopping the basil. Get the rest of the fixings ready (if using, finely dice the bell peppers and red onion).
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven. Spread approximately 1 1/2 teaspoons of pizza sauce, 2 tablespoons of shredded mozzarella, and a pinch of grated Parmesan over each half of an English muffin. Sprinkle some salt on top of the pizza, then add the seasoned cherry tomatoes.
- The English muffins should be baked for 5–7 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Put in some basil, either whole or chopped. Get some food in your stomach right away. For best results, reheat leftovers in the oven after storing them in the refrigerator for 1–2 days.
|HomePage||Smokin Franks Pizza|
|Pizza Recipes||Click here|